Knight® Savings

Exactly how much could you save?

contact us

lochinvar.com

96% efficient means that over 6 years,
KNIGHT could save $3,000 in fuel cost!

KNIGHT meets strict ENERGY STAR efficiency guidelines set by the Department of Energy and the Environmental Protection Agency. Its remarkable 96% AFUE* efficiency rating means that 96 cents of every energy dollar you spend with your gas utility provider goes directly into heating your home. In lower-temperature applications such as radiant floor heating, KNIGHT can deliver even higher thermal efficiencies up to 99%.

Compared to a 75% AFUE boiler and based on 80,000 Btu heating load over 2,000 hours of operation and a fuel cost of $1.13 per therm.

*The AFUE is the most widely used measure of a boiler’s heating efficiency. It measures the amount of heat actually delivered to your house, compared to the amount of fuel that you must supply to the boiler. Thus, a boiler that has an 80% AFUE rating converts 80% of the fuel that you supply to heat. The other 20% is lost out the chimney.

Modulates to Quietly Help Save Energy!

What is Modulation?

Let’s say your home is heated by a KNIGHT with 285,000 Btu/hr heating power. When it’s just “pretty cold” outside, the boiler starts by firing at a fuel-saving 57,000 Btu/hr, only 20% of its maximum heating potential.  As the temperature drops to “really really cold,” KNIGHT is designed to “modulate” upward to the 100% maximum 285,000 Btu/hr of heating power.

KNIGHT automatically adjusts its firing rate to exactly meet demand for heat.

Modulation eliminates the frequent, noisy on/off cycling heard from boilers or forced-air systems that can only fire at 100% firing rate. This technology reduces wasted fuel, and ensures a “quiet KNIGHT” for your home.

300 Maddox Simpson Pkwy, Lebanon, TN 37090  |   615.889.8900     |    Fax 615.882.2964   |   Privacy Policy